Airport Service Units
Engine & Accessory’s vacuum trucks for airport ramp service are designed to clean underground hydrant pits and to drain the low and dead end points of the hydrant lines. A wide variation of setups and a broad range of options give us the ability to offer our customers the right application for their business.
Key Features of our Ground Support Trucks
- Tanks are manufactured using aluminum, stainless steel or carbon steel. The options to offer various types of material ensures our ability to give the customer the right tank for their application
- Low driver’s side workstation gives the operator the convenience of having all equipment at arms length maximizing efficiency while performing their task.
- All controls are conveniently located in a sealed aluminum control box in the workstation. Once the operator is out of the truck there is no need to return to the truck until the job is complete.
- Reliable & simple design but with state of the art components for longer life and low cost maintenance.
- Working with all the top components manufactures makes our units completely customizable to each customer’s specific needs.
Specifications for Custom Airport Service Trucks
- Constructed from bright finish aluminum, steel or stainless steel. Tank thickness depends on material used to construct tank.
- Capacity: 750 to 3000 gallon single compartment.
- Round tank design with baffles
- One 20” aluminum top manway with integral primary shutoff installed in tank
- Full length hose trays on each side and across rear
- Low workstation design
- One large 48” cabinet on the driver’s side with a fold-up door.
- Two 5” sight eyes installed on driver’s side of the unit visible from workstation.
- Discharge port for waste 4” installed in rear head.
- Suction/Fill— 3” suction port in top of tank for waste
- Lighting: Four adjustable work lights – two on driver’s side and two in the rear
- Also included: hose hooks in workstation, bucket holder, DOT mounting kit with composite material mount boards.
- Steel tanks will be sandblasted, primed and painted one color. Aluminum tanks are left in bright finish. Stainless tanks can be painted or be supplied with a polished finish.
- Options available to epoxy coat inside of tanks.
Pumping System Specifications
- Pumping systems can be setup for various configurations.
- Masport HXL4V vacuum pump complete with 4-way valve, pump oiling system and heavy duty mount.
- Drive system: hot shift PTO with tubular type PTO shaft connected to right angle gearbox and pump coupling
- Secondary moisture trap—shutoff system and an oil separator
- Pressure relief valve, vacuum relief valve, liquid filled vacuum/pressure gauge, diesel flush system for vacuum pump
- 30’ of 2” suction hose complete with valve on inlet line and aluminum wand holder
- 4” brass lever valve installed on rear discharge with cam lock and dust cap.
- All controls to activate system are in an aluminum electrical box installed in workstation. Switches included: vacuum pump and spotlights. When PTO for vacuum pump is activated engine RPM will automatically increase for proper pump performance.
Engine & Accessory’s vacuum units are designed to fit all major chassis models. Chassis’s include: Ford, International, Freightliner, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Mack, and Hino. Standard features on our chassis include: Diesel or Gasoline engines, automatic/manual transmissions, air brakes, air conditioning, am/fm radio, air ride drivers seat, cruise control. Complete detailed specifications are available upon request.
Ground Support Equipment Options
- Additional tank compartments
- Low workstation on passenger side of unit
- Addition of rear cleanout
- Various size inlets and outlets
- Under body cabinets
- Heated collars
- Spray bed liner in trays and on side shell up to hose protector.
- Strobe lights
Pumping System Options
- All major vacuum pump manufactures and pump sizes available
- Hydraulic drive systems
- Electric hose reels for suction hose
- Dual service for passenger side
- Optional hose lengths
- Pressure washer systems – PTO or engine driven or 12 volt
- Truck mounted cranes – Electric cranes up to 2000lbs capacity